10 things to know about me.
I love a good list, so I thought I’d give you a window into what has shaped my worldview:
- I am a Black woman married to a white man; we have three biracial children.
- My husband is a pastor.
- I grew up in rural North Carolina, the child of Afro-centric, reggae-loving, Back to Eden-reading Black hippies.
- I have had a lot of careers, many of them overlapping: I have been an English teacher, a yoga instructor, a journalist, and a freelance writer.
- I live in Fort Worth, Texas.
- On news article posts in social media, I almost always read the comments –
- – but I never actually comment.
- My favorite teachers at the moment are Audre Lorde, Brené Brown, James Baldwin, and Alok Vaid-Menon.
- Currently, my favorite stories exploring the Black American experience are A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hainsberry and Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi.
- I love pop culture.
Irie Price | email@example.com